- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces CAULILINI® baby cauliflower, trimmed
- 3 ounces green cabbage, sliced into ¼-inch ribbons
- 3 ounces crosnes (Chinese artichoke, available at farmers markets in the Fall. Jerusalem artichokes can also be used)
- 1 cup slightly sweet sake
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 mint leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oil, garlic and shallots and stir until softened, about 3 minutes. Next add the CAULILINI® baby cauliflower, cabbage and crosnes and stir until coated in the oil.
Add the sake and soy and reduce by half and the vegetables still have some crunch. Taste the sauce to make sure it is balanced. Finally, add the sesame oil, sesame seeds and mint. Stir to combine and taste for seasoning again.
Serve in a warmed bowl as a side dish.
By Chef Justin Cogley, Aubergine | Member, Mann’s Chef Panel
Serving Size: 207g | Servings: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 330 ׀ Total Fat 22g (sat 0g trans 0g) ׀ Cholesterol 0mg ׀ Sodium 1210mg ׀ Total Carbohydrate 12g ׀ Dietary Fiber 4g ׀ Sugars 3g (Includes 0g Added Sugars) | Protein 4g ׀ Vitamin D 0% ׀ Calcium 4% ׀ Iron 10% ׀ Potassium 6%