- 8 cups Mann’s RomaBlend®
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced in half moons
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 4 corn tortillas, sliced in ¼ inch strips
- ¼ cup of Safflower, Sunflower or oil of choice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Creamy Vegan Caesar Dressing (recipe below)
- Pine Nut Parmesan (recipe below)
Creamy Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup blend of extra virgin cold pressed olive oil/safflower oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons light miso paste
- 2 tablespoons kelp powder/granules
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Medjool Dates, pitted and crowned
- 4 ribs of celery, chopped into 1-inch pieces
Pine Nut Parmesan
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon sea salt, or salt, to taste
Fry tortilla strips in a sauté pan with oil until crispy. Place on a paper towel to cool and salt to taste.
Place Mann’s RomaBlend in a large bowl and toss with ½ cup of Creamy Vegan Caesar Dressing.
Individually plate the dressed leaves, and top with sliced red onion moons and tortilla strips. Sprinkle with Pine Nut Parmesan and fresh cracked pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge.
For the Dressing
Place Ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Lasts 3 days in the fridge.
For the Pine Nut Parmesan
Place ingredients in a food processor equipped with the S-Blade and pulse into a coarse meal. Lasts 2 weeks in the fridge.
Note: Serve 4 as a side salad or 2 as an entree salad
Recipe courtesy of Chef Kari Bernardi, raw vegan chef and instructor
Serving Size: 560g l Servings: 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 380 | Total Fat 22g (sat fat 2.5g trans 0g) l Cholesterol 0mg l Sodium 240mg l Total Carbohydrate 38g |Dietary Fiber 8g l Sugars 8g l Protein 11g l Vitamin D 0% l Calcium 15% l Iron 60% | Potassium 20%