- 2 pounds Mann’s Sweet Potato Cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounces) cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup vegetable stock, plus more if necessary
Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss sweet potato cubes with olive oil and salt. Roast in a single layer on a sheet tray for 25 minutes, or until potatoes have caramelized slightly. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion and celery and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add ground beef or turkey and cook through, draining excess fat if necessary. Add garlic and dry spices, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant. Add tomatoes, black beans, roasted sweet potatoes and stock. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
Serve with sliced avocado, grated cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
Serving Size: 345g l Servings: 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 220 | Total Fat 3.5g (sat fat 0g trans 0g) l Cholesterol 25mg l Sodium 2010mg l Total Carbohydrate 33g | Dietary Fiber 4g l Sugars 8g l Protein 14g l Vitamin D 0% l Calcium 6% l Iron 15% | Potassium 4%